Mission of Trinity’s Health Ministries:
To serve God’s people in Christ’s name by ministering holistically to physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness.
This mission is rooted in Christ who spoke about the healing of body, mind, and spirit. To accomplish this ministry, Trinity has a parish nurse, Vicki Dueringer, R.N., and an active health ministries committee comprised of physicians, nurses, social workers, and others who are passionate about our mission.
The parish nurse works in collaboration with the pastors, committee sponsors, community services, and resources to enhance health care delivery for the congregation. The parish nurse works with the congregation by:
- Visiting members wherever they are (homes, hospitals, or nursing homes)
- Counseling members on health concerns
- Assisting in obtaining health resources
- Helping to understand the relationship of body, mind, and spirit
- Assisting in lifestyle changes
- Organizing, coordinating, promoting and evaluating health education programs and screenings
- Coordinating congregational volunteers
Contact Parish Nurse Vicki Dueringer or 715.832.6601.
When You Find Yourself in the Hospital
The Trinity pastors share responsibility for making regular trips to area hospitals to visit Trinity members during in-patient stays. However, they can only get information of your hospitalization when your Trinity membership is coded in your hospital file or when you or a friend inform us directly. You can be assured of a visit when you phone the church office or email any of the following in advance of or during a hospitalization.
Blood Pressure Screening
The second Sunday of the month between services, the parish nurse and her team of screeners offer blood pressure checks.
Trinity’s parish nurse provides information on grieving to those members who have lost a loved one. Mailings are sent at intervals for the first year following the death of an immediate family member. Please alert the office of any Trinity member who has experienced a loss.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Several times each year, Trinity hosts a Red Cross Blood Drive. The next blood drives are June 23, August 18, November 17.
Visit the Red Cross website to sign up for a donation time.
Please contact Vicki Dueringer, Parish Nurse or call 715.832.6601 ext 214 for more information on Trinity’s Health Ministry Programs.
How to Get Involved in Trinity’s Health Ministries
- Taking monthly blood pressure checks (medical personnel only)
- Donating blood at a Red Cross Blood Drive
- Working at a Red Cross Blood Drive
- Assisting with transportation
- Providing meals for those in crisis
- Providing respite care (sit with homebound person while their caregiver gets out)
- Assisting with errands or medical appointments
- Visiting homebound and nursing home residents
- Serve on the Health Ministries Committee
Other Health Resources
Making Your Wishes Know
What Can I Do to Help
Eau Claire County Aging and Disability Resource Center
Center for Disease Control Vaccination Schedules
“When evening came, people brought many who had demons in them. Jesus drove out the evil spirits with a word and healed all who were sick.” (Matthew 8:16)